BACK STORY OF GLEN BOYD
Glen Boyd was established in 1858 after the first of the Frontier Wars.
It was used as a buffer zone along with the other Frontier farms between the Grahamstown colonial establishment and the Fingo tribe across the Great Fish River. It was mainly a cattle area up until the early 1920's, when the Ostrich boom hit the Eastern Cape, it was one of the pioneer farms. When the Ostrich farming last momentum, it became an establishment and successful Angora goat farm.